Request books and renew loans
Request books from Geolibrary closed stacks
Books with location "Geomagasin Depå" are located in the Geolibrary closed stacks. Items from the closed stacks must be requested via the library catalogue LUBcat. The book will be ready for collection from the circulation desk the next day.
Start with locating the book in LUBcat. Click on queue and log in. Select the location for pick-up and confirm your request. You will be notified by e-mail when the book is available for in the circulation desk. Reserved items are on the hold shelf for 7 days.
Request books from other libraries within the Lund University Libraries network
If you wish to order a book from a another library within Lund university, start with locating the book in LUBcat. Then click on request, log in and then choose pick-up location. It is possible to pick up the book at another library within the Lund University Libraries network. The time for tranportation of the book can vary between 1-3 days.
Please note that you cannot order available course literature.
Queue for checked out books
If you wish to place a reservation for a book currently on loan you can do so using your login.
If you no longer want to queue for an item, you can remove your reservation from your account (unless it is on hold for you already).
Renew your loans
You can easily renew your loans online. Remember that:
- You cannot renew any material that is requested.
- Course books can be renewed up to 10 times.
- Other monographs from the Geolibrary are renewed automatically, 5 or 11 times depending on whether you are a student or a researcher. After that you have to return the book, but we can arrange a new loan for you if there is no queue!
To renew your loans:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the checked out items you want to renew.
- Click on renew. You will now have new due dates for the item(s).
Renew long term loans for researchers and teachers
Loans from six months up to one year loans cannot be renewed online. Please bring the books to the library for a new loan.
Renew interlibrary loans
Please contact us for renewal of interlibrary loans:
bibliotek [at] geobib [dot] lu [dot] se (subject: Renew%20interlibrary%20loan)